- Compensation: $175 - 225,000
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- Bonus and Equity
- Hybrid - must be on-site 2 days per week at the Company location north of Boston
- The company has a strong pipeline of programs that could be commercialized. They expect to launch a product in 2024. This year the plan is to add 150 new positions.
- This is attractive to a candidate working in a large pharma with accounting operations and management skills that wishes to help build out an organization.
- The client has a very specific profile they wish to attract. Attractive candidates will get immediate attention.
Our client is anticipating a product launch in early 2024 and plans to build out the organization this year. The Director of Accounting Operations will be a significant contributor in this effort and is responsible for developing accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The selected individual will manage a team of accounting professionals and oversee various accounting activities, including general ledger preparation, payroll, financial reporting, year-end close, tax and audit preparation, and support for budgeting, forecasting, and long-term financial planning activities.
This role will also be instrumental in providing internal financial accounting guidance and will partner with cross-functional leaders, including external partners. The Director will seek to build a dynamic accounting team and foster a culture of financial responsibility and accountability across the organization, empowering employees to act like owners.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Assist with the implementation of a new ERP system (Oracle or SAP) to support the company’s commercial objectives.
- Partner with the Vice President of Finance and the Chief Financial Officer to determine accounting and tax implications for all
- material business decisions as the company works toward a commercial product launch.
- Review all documentation and contracts in order to develop new controls around commercial operations and improve existing internal controls.
- Lead the quarterly financial reporting process, including drafting and reviewing SEC documents, ensuring quality, and administering strict timelines.
- Manage transaction accounting, SOX, the closing process, and other financial controls.
- Oversee the general ledger functions; assure accuracy, timeliness, and conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage a team of employees and oversee all functions within the accounting department, including payroll, revenue accounting, SEC reporting, cost accounting, tax, and accounts receivables
- 10+ years of relevant experience; MUST have pharma or life science experience; MUST have prior public company involvement in
- accounting with demonstrated experience in a company with commercial operations (order to cash);
- An understanding of cost accounting concepts and ERP software is necessary;
- Experience implementing/maintaining accounting systems; developing reporting and analytics capabilities and establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls;
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!