- Salary range $90-115,000 +Bonus
- sign-on bonus
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- Relocation Paid
- Highly desirable work environment and company culture.
- It will also provide career-building multiple career tracks at this campus, within the US, or in numerous global locations.
A multi-national, global-leading manufacturing and technology corporation has an immediate need for a manufacturing-based Maintenance Mechanical Engineer for their key North American operations located in the Decatur, AL, area. In this position, you'll participate in the planning, budgeting, design, installation, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, database history management, performance evaluation, repair guidance, and maintenance guidance of all mechanical equipment in a highly advanced manufacturing plant. Also, the alteration and improvement of mechanical equipment, machines, tools, and buildings by capital project.
- Assist other Maintenance team members in troubleshooting day-to-day plant problems
- Coordinate plant preventive & predictive maintenance programs
- Coordinate some technical activities in the areas of construction and equipment modification
- Strong relationship skills with manufacturing plant process operators
- Participate in the design of new equipment
- Assure compliance to appropriate Safety, Environmental, and Quality codes and standards (PSM, ISO, API, OSHA, NEC, etc.)
- Engineer the use of facilities and equipment needed to maintain plant facilities
- Function as the liaison between management and the workforce to keep plant personnel informed and maintain the highest level of employee/employer relationships
- Help develop an operating budget and initiate actions to operate within those fiscal plans
- Maintain plant facilities in a manner of high quality within the established budget
- Ability to troubleshoot plant equipment problems with vessels, pressure vessels, valves, piping, heat exchangers, extruders, agitators, reactors, gearboxes, pumps, and other plant-related equipment
- Ability to assist Rotating Mechanical Engineer understand vibration spectra and identify root causes of vibration issues on rotating equipment
- Ability to participate in the commissioning of new equipment projects
- Coordinate efforts using approved procedures for utilizing staff services to assist in the proper maintenance of the plant facilities
- Possess knowledge and skills in the following areas: Reliability Centered Maintenance, PM Optimization, RCA, FMEA, Bad Actor/Defect Elimination, and RCFA.
- Work with planners, maintenance technicians, and clerks to ensure proper scheduled workflow
- Ability to supervise contractors, OEMs, and vendors on site as necessary for safe and quality work
- Troubleshoot plant equipment field problems (such as flow problems, temperature issues, corrosion problems, etc.) and determine required corrective action
- Review the design of new plant equipment and provide input for the implementation of equipment
- Execute responsibilities as appropriate and authorize personnel to achieve maximum efficiency through the proper use of skills, labor hours, machines, and equipment
- Establish and coordinate preventive maintenance activities and repair work in accordance with plant needs and objectives
- Coordinate the work of the maintenance team with other departments in analyzing and planning maintenance services
- Work to reduce costs, improve maintenance quality and efficiency
- Write design requirements of new plant equipment
- Issue engineering design packages for plant equipment and issue monthly reports for MTBF analysis for equipment failures
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all other departments to ensure effective execution of responsibilities
- Help prepare, propose, and control budgets; analyze and interpret variances from budget
- Have experience in specifying piping and equipment layout and working with P&IDs, PFDs, and piping schematics
- Participate in personnel staffing interviews and hiring decisions
- Provide leadership to other department personnel
- Create a participative work environment by encouraging and facilitating employee involvement and teamwork
- Ensure the proper use of safety devices, equipment, and methods when maintenance efforts are performed
- Help ensure adequate spare parts are available, and they are of the proper quality to maintain the facility
- Participate in management meetings to make recommendations in matters related to maintenance operations
- Aid in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and proposing appropriate countermeasures when equipment malfunctions occur
- Participate in general administrative and technical programs such as communications, staffing, employee training, employee relations, grievances, disciplinary actions, and cost reductions
- Help maintain an appropriate headcount maintenance workforce
- Help develop and train employees to attain the required objectives
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations issued by OSHA, EPA, and other federal, state, and local regulatory agencies
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- 3+ years of work experience with ASME, API, OSHA, AWS, and ASNT procedures
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!