Salary: Competitive salary in the range of $90-100,000 +/- DOE
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs, Relocation Paid
Schedule: Day Shift, Monday - Friday
Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Must hold a valid State of NY Physical Therapist License in good standing.
- Possess a Master's degree in Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy.
- Demonstrated prior management experience in a Skilled Nursing setting.
- A passion for working with the elderly and a deep understanding of their rights during care services.
- A caring and compassionate demeanor.
Job Description: As the Assistant Director of Rehabilitation, you will play a vital role in providing top-quality therapy services that enhance the lives of our residents. In this role, you will administer therapy treatments and ensure that our residents consistently receive exceptional care. During the Director's absences, you will assume their responsibilities.
- Proficient in therapy treatments and rehabilitation goals, maintaining necessary communication with physicians.
- Keep written evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries of patients in therapy programs, adhering to state, federal, and facility policies. Recommend written interdisciplinary care plans and treatments.
- Adapt and translate goals from other team members into a comprehensive rehabilitation care plan.
- Contribute to Resident Care Planning (RCP) and Resident/Family Care Plan Review meetings, attending as needed, and completing required documentation post-meetings.
- Maintain statistical records of residents' treatments.
- Assist with education and in-service training when required.
- Document and update resident care plans.
- Inform residents or their qualified representatives about care and treatment plans, potential outcomes of therapy programs, or what to expect if a resident declines participation.
- Provide guidance and supervision to department staff and assist students with facility or educational program concerns.
- Responsible for submitting requisitions for supplies and equipment.
- Act as the direct report for the Therapy/Rehab department, working closely with the Director.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all documentation.
- In the Director's absence, lead departmental meetings when necessary and participate in various inter-departmental gatherings as required.
This is an opportunity for a dedicated professional with a genuine concern for the elderly and a caring demeanor to make a meaningful impact on the well-being of our residents.
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!