This client is seeking a Billing Manager to monitor billing and collections by the payor. The candidate must have a proven track record managing all aspects of the billing function, including claims submittal, payment posting, denial management, and patient collections. As well as leadership experience with teams of 20+ billers working with commercial, governmental, and workers’ comp payors.
The Billing Manager position reports to the Director of Business Services and will be expected to collaborate on the improvement of Revenue Cycle Management processes, report on Billing KPIs by the payor, hire and train billing team members, remain updated on payor changes that affect billing processes, raise necessary concerns and issues with leadership, etc.
- Manage day-to-day functions of the Billing department
- Oversee and streamline billing and collections processes
- Develop and implement written policies and procedures that govern billing functions
- Plan and implement quality assurance for all processes
- Conduct routine staff meetings by the functional group within the department
- Support standardization of methods in which work will be accomplished
- Assist in preparing financial and statistical reports as directed
- Develop and utilize EMR system reports and output
- Monitor accounts receivable by the payor and manages to avoid any risk of timely filing and reduce denial rates
- Support the accounting month-end close process by ensuring that all payments have been posted, claims submitted, and errors on claims resolved on the final day of each month
- Oversee accuracy and completeness of data entry on all patient charges and refunds
- Responsible for keeping in contact with payors as it relates to recurring denials requiring appeals for a large volume of claims