We are looking for a Nurse Manager for our long-term care facility located in Penn Yan, New York. This is a direct-hire, full-time position.
Description of the Facility:
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- The facility has 130 Skilled Nursing Beds, 20 Behavioral and one Respite bed for short-term stays.
- Four units make up the facility, including two Skilled Nursing Units, a neurobehavioral Unit, and a secure unit that provides skilled nursing and special care for residents with cognitive impairments. Skilled Nursing units also provide short-term rehabilitation services for residents who need them while they are transitioning to another level or home.
- Residents have the opportunity to engage in meaningful activities and enjoy social opportunities in our large dining and activity rooms as well as in our enclosed courtyards and patios.
- Music and Memory were introduced in 2016. This is a personal music program that can be used by people with dementia. Many long-term memories can be triggered by listening to music that is familiar or associated with personal events.
- The Life Enrichment Program provides a holistic therapeutic activity program for residents who have a history of dementia or associated depression or who display difficult-to-manage behaviors.
- The Fire Side Inn, a restaurant-like fine-dining experience, is also available at the facility. The Fire Side Inn is a place where friends and family can relax with loved ones who reside at The facility. It is open Monday to Friday. Our chef will prepare a special candlelight dinner that includes a selection of entrees.
- One of the facilities is dedicated to respite care. The program is for families that need temporary caregiving. It's available to those who are ill or want to go on a vacation or business trip. Respite Care offers temporary 24-hour skilled nursing, nutritious meals and recreational activities.
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Pro Nurse Program.
- Current NYS License to Practice as a Professional Registered Nursing.
- Two years of nursing experience or two years of long-term care experience.
- Experience as a manager or supervisor
- Effective communication between staff, patients, families and physicians is possible through interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in the field of management systems and processes
- Demonstrates the ability to build effective working relationships and lead others towards achieving organizational goals.
- Analytical skills are required to evaluate departmental needs, plan and implement interventions and assess the effectiveness of those interventions.
- Essential management skills for the job.
- Capability to manage projects, work under pressure, meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities. Ability to inspire teamwork by effective role modeling.
- Familiarity with DOH requirements