The Director of Med-Surg and Patient Care Services has oversight responsibilities for two medical/surgical units, clinical leaders, and respiratory therapy.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)
License Required: Active New York State License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse
Certifications Required: BLS, ACLS and PEDS certification required through the RQI system.
Certifications Preferred: certification in specialty example certified medical-surgical registered nurse (CMSRN).
- Must possess detailed knowledge of hospital nursing operations and a track record of successful application in an acute care hospital setting.
- 4+ years in active clinical practice as a registered nurse.
- 4+ years in a leadership and management capacity in an acute care operations position
- 1+ years at department director level or above.
- Excellent ability to work effectively with a variety of diverse individuals and groups.
- Strong ability to lead and develop others individually and as a team, and to be an effective team member and leader.
- Excellent ability to adapt to new situations, set priorities, and utilize problem-solving techniques with minimal direction.
- Excellent demonstrated verbal, written, and behavioral communication skills.
- Demonstrates current knowledge of healthcare, nursing, and leadership, and management principles.
- Excellent cognitive, analytical, critical thinking, and creative abilities.
- Ability to function in an automated environment, using technology such as microcomputers, telecommunications devices, etc.