- Salary in the $80 - 95,000 range
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs etc.
- Days - Full Time - 37.5 hrs per week, must be able to work a half-day Sundays.
The Physical Therapist evaluates and treats residents, under orders from a physician, through the use of a variety of therapeutic procedures designed to restore loss of muscle strength, coordination and body alignment, to relieve pain and to improve movement and function. The Physical Therapist participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing support and information within the area of Physical Therapy.
INNOVATIVE SUBACUTE SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT:
- Advanced vital sign monitoring and strength-training machines, including stationary bikes and treadmills.
- Point-of-service technology with iPads provides seamless coordination of care.
- Electronic medical records enable providers to access real-time patient data.
1. Review available resident information and evaluate the impact of this information on the assessment and treatment process.
2. Conduct and document a thorough functional assessment of the resident, utilizing standardized procedures. Assessment of home/vocational and equipment needs.
3. Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on resident needs and containing achievable functional goals.
4. Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines and consistently maintain timely and accurate department records.
5. Instruct Assistants in treatment procedures to be utilized and provide close supervision while such staff members are working with residents.
6. Enter a progress note in the resident record following each treatment session.
7. Revise treatment plans, as needed, throughout the treatment process. Physical Therapist
8. Document the course of treatment in a clear concise discharge summary utilizing a prescribed format.
9. Orient residents to program services and treatment procedures appropriate to their needs. Inform residents of any potential risk during any procedures.
10. Work with nursing staff, resident and families to maximize resident's use of functional abilities.
11. Instruct residents and family/other caregiver about exercise programs and therapeutic procedures to be continued by the resident at home following treatment.
12. Assist in the referral process when a resident requires additional services following discharge. Maintain current knowledge of community resources.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- A graduate of an approved school of Physical Therapy required.
- NYS license to practice physical therapy required.
- 2+ years of experience in physical therapy in SNF preferred.
- Will consider a strong new grad.
Lockport, NY is a suburb of Buffalo, NY. Buffalo is located in the Western part of New York. It is popular for several different things such as Buffalo Sabres, Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Wings and the wing festival, Powder Keg Festival, General Mills cereal plant, Ted's footlong hotdogs, Canalside, St. Pattys Day Celebrations, Food trucks galore, rated a very clean city, hockey and more hockey, the largest two-day food festival, and more! Niagara Falls is one of the seventh wonders of the world and you can be there in less than 30 minutes. The region is also well known for it many outstanding colleges & universities!