This position has responsibilities for ICU at one Hospital and the responsibilities of the Emergency Room for two Hospitals.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in Nursing
- Certification Required: Certification for Emergency Nursing within one year. BLS, ACLS, PALS through the RQI system during clinical orientation. Basic Coronary Care obtained within 6 months of hire. CPI certification obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Certification Preferred: CEN or relevant certification strongly desired and TNCC.
- Active New York State License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse
- 5+ years of critical care nursing experience and strong clinical expertise.
- 3+ years of progressive nursing leadership experience in an acute care hospital environment, preferably in emergency services and/or intensive care services
- Must have a demonstrated track record of improving department operations. This includes quality, patient safety, productivity, efficiency, and customer satisfaction (employee and patient).
- Must have experience with emergency department performance indicators and using data to support analysis and solutions.
- Must have experience applying best practices and innovative strategies to improve performance metrics, quality, and the customer experience.
- Must have experience establishing, building, and developing positive relationships with staff and physicians.
- Must be a highly visible, engaged, take-charge leader who has a willingness to coach and mentor. Must have knowledge and understanding of State, Federal, and Joint Commission requirements.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including word, excel and PowerPoint & Meditech.
About the area: Located in the beautiful, nature enthusiast Finger Lakes Region of New York State. It boasts quality wine trails of the Finger Lakes wine region, a rich history, natural beauty, and four season attractions. Short drive to many area colleges and universities.