- Competitive Salary+
- Direct Hire & Full-Time.
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility
- Location: Brockport, NY (A western suburb of Rochester, NY)
*Must be either a Physical Therapist or an Occupational Therapist
The Director of Rehabilitation Services team member assists with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by supervising rehab department staff in the provision, documentation, and billing of therapy services in compliance with Federal and State Laws, Regulations, and Practice Acts; assists in the hiring, orientation, and training of staff therapists, therapy assistants, and rehabilitation aides; participates in required meetings, in-services, programs, and general orientation; maintains a clinical caseload at a minimum of 35% productivity; attends to clinical, fiscal, and customer service outcomes and action plan underperformance as indicated.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Screen and provide (as necessary and as ordered by a physician) an in-depth evaluation of each residents' rehabilitation potential (unless contradicted); makes written recommendations for inter-disciplinary care planning and treatment.
- Inform resident or qualified representative about care and treatment plan and possible outcomes of treatment, or lack of treatment if resident refuses participation in a therapy program.
- Develop a treatment plan and administer treatments in accordance with the physicians' orders and the rehabilitation goals; maintain required contact with physician.
- Oversee written evaluations, progress notes, care plans and discharge summaries of residents receiving physical therapy according to state, federal and facility policies.
- Review each resident's status at least quarterly to determine need for revising rehabilitation aspects of care plan.
- Collaborate with other members of the inter-disciplinary health care team to integrate rehabilitation goals into the comprehensive care plan.
- Must have an interest in working with the elderly and respect the rights of residents during care and treatment services.
- Licensed Occupational Therapist and Physical Therapist professionally educated in an accredited curriculum with a baccalaureate degree required.
- State of NY license to practice is required.
- Possession of ability to teach, inspire and motivate others; leadership qualities; ability to organize workload, delegate assignments and promote teamwork required.
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!