- Salary in the $50-65,000 range
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs etc.
- New Grads Welcome.
- Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility
Physical Therapy Assistant team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by providing comprehensive and quality therapy services. This position is responsible for administering skilled physical therapy treatments as developed and recommended by a Registered Physical Therapist, ensuring that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times.
Who Will Be a Great Fit for the Physical Therapist Assistant PTA?
- Assist the Physical Therapist in planning, developing and carrying out treatment programs and procedures for residents.
- Writes observations of resident’s behavior and progress in Progress Notes.
- Maintains statistical records and other departmental reports as requested by the Physical Therapist.
- Assist with in-service training programs upon request.
- Assist with keeping supplies in good order and daily sanitation of equipment.
- Arrives to work on time, regularly, and working as scheduled, responsible for own transportation.
- Utilizes an electronic timekeeping system.
- Observes and practice confidentiality of resident information and privacy when performing job duties.
- Graduation from a physical therapy assistant approved program is required.
- A current state of NY license to practice in good standing.
- Experience in physical therapy treatment programs for the geriatric and sub-acute populations necessary.
- New Grads Welcome.
ABOUT THE AREA:
Waverly is the largest village in Tioga County, New York, United States. It is located southeast of Elmira in the Southern Tier region. Near state colleges, Waverly NY has museums that preserve the area’s Native American history to a walk or drive down Chemung Street and Park and Pennsylvania Avenues for a look at the several homes with elaborate architectural stature and historic worth, and or for a taste of delectable food from hometown restaurants/diners, shopping in unique stores to spending a night or more in a lovely Victorian bed and breakfast. Nature settings surround this unique community with so much to offer.
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!