- Salary in the $55 - 65,000 range
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs
- Reports To: Director of Clinical Rehabilitation Services
Provides specialized rehabilitation teaching to children and adult consumers who are blind and visually impaired, enabling them to achieve their highest level of functioning. Requires a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, communication, teamwork, creativity, problem-solving, planning, and organizational skills. Must have empathy, sensitivity, flexibility, and the ability to get along well with a wide variety of personalities. Requires excellent teaching skills and overall knowledge of community resources.
- Conducts comprehensive rehabilitation teaching, evaluations, and assessments, and develops and implements personalized lesson plans.
- Provides direct rehabilitation teaching instruction to adults and children, including personal care management, communication, home management, leisure activities, and technology.
- Instructs consumers in the use of low vision aids and adaptive equipment.
- Maintains a caseload of adults and children, overseeing social casework, rehabilitation services, and referrals to other agencies.
- Assists in the development and implementation of Adaptive Sports and Recreational programs for children and adults.
- Assists in the implementation of children-specific programming including camps, pre-vocational and vocational programs.
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Consults refer, and network with primary caregivers, families, school districts, NYSCB/ACCESS-VR, personnel, associated professionals, and other staff.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Master’s degree in Vision Rehabilitation Therapy plus one year of experience in the human services field.
- ACVREP certification preferred.
- Must meet Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped, Dept. of Special Education, and Dept. of Health personnel standards.
- Experience with adaptive sports and recreation and children’s recreational programming a plus.
- Extensive travel required.
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!