- Salary in the $85-95,000 range
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs etc.
- Day Shift - Monday - Friday
- Skilled Nursing Facility
*Must be a Physical Therapist
The Assistant Director of Rehabilitation Services team member assists with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by providing comprehensive and quality therapy services. This position is responsible for administering skilled therapy treatments and ensuring that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. This position assumes the responsibilities of the Director of Rehabilitation Services during absences as assigned.
- Assumes the duties of the Director of Rehabilitation Services in the absence of the Director.
- Initiates skilled therapy treatments in accordance with physician’s orders and rehabilitation goals; maintains a required contract with physician.
- Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, MDS records, and discharge summaries for residents in therapy programs according to state, federal and facility policies; makes written recommendations for inter-disciplinary care planning and treatment.
- Collaborates with other interdisciplinary health care team members to integrate rehabilitation goals into the comprehensive care plan.
- Provides input for Resident Care Planning (RCP) and Resident/Family Care Plan Review meetings; attends when appropriate; completes required documentation after the meetings.
- Maintains statistical records of residents’ treatments.
- Assists with education and in-service training when needed.
- Records and updates resident's care plan(s).
- Informs resident or qualified representative about care and treatment plan and possible treatment outcomes, or lack of treatment if a resident refuses participation in a therapy program.
- Orients, trains, and supervises departmental personnel; assists with students assigned to the facility or educational programs.
- Compiles and submits requisitions for supplies and equipment.
- Acts as the direct report for Therapy/Rehab personnel in conjunction with Director.
- Ensures all documentation is processed accurately and timely.
Leads departmental meetings (in Director’s absence) and attends the following inter-departmental meetings when appropriate:
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Resident Care Planning
- Quality Assurance Committee
- Quality Assessment and Review Committee
- Morning Report
- Safety Committee
- In-service Education
- Staff Meeting for Department heads and Supervisors
- State of NY Physical Therapist License in good standing
- MS in Physical Therapy
- Previous management experience in a Skilled Nursing setting
- Must have interest in working with the elderly and respect the rights of residents during care and treatment services
- Displays genuine concern for the elderly and patient and compassionate attitude
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!