- Salary $80 - 95,000
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs etc.
- Full-Time 37.5 Hours, Monday - Friday
Speech-Language Therapy team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by making recommendations for a speech-language therapy treatment plan, if necessary, and carrying out treatments as planned; conducting an audiometric screening of residents upon request, and making recommendations for further audiology service. This position ensures that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times.
- Screens resident for communication problem upon request; conducts an in-depth evaluation and makes written recommendations for a therapy plan of care, if necessary and upon request.
- Coordinates audiometric screening tests for residents and makes referrals for further audiology evaluations, or treatments if necessary.
- Initiates speech-language therapy plan of care according to physician orders, and maintains required contact with the physician during the therapy program of the resident.
- Observes the rights of residents and treats residents with respect and kindness.
- Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries for all residents in a speech-language treatment program.
- Confers with other staff regarding special needs of residents and integrates speech-language treatment program with goals and approaches of other disciplines.
- Attends Resident Care Planning and Family/Resident Care Plan Review meetings for residents currently in a speech-language treatment program.
- Maintains records that include statistical reports about residents, in-service education information, budget information and a material/equipment inventory.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- New York State license to practice as a Speech-Language Pathologist required.
- Strong experience in the geriatric field for Speech-Language Pathology.
- Bachelors degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!