- $75 - 115,000
- Days, Full Time
The facility patient population includes newborns, pregnant women of varying age, GYN, and ambulatory Med-Surg patients. In addition, we have antepartum patients for basic social needs assessment, referrals, testing, observation, and teaching. A Lactation Consultant is on staff for inpatient and outpatient breastfeeding support. The majority of the patients are low risk, but the unit is fully capable of handling short term, high-risk care. The standard of care for high-risk neonate and obstetric patients is to stabilize and transfer to a level II or III hospital as needed. St. Mary's does not provide VBAC services. Unit provides classes to the public in the following areas: childbirth preparation, hypnobirthing, parenting, sibling preparation, breastfeeding as well as infant safety and infant CPR.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Participates in nursing and organizational policy formation and decision -making.
- Maintains records and reports and collects statistics for administrative and regulatory purposes.
- Assumes accountability for all services/care provided in the department
- Takes a strategic approach to identifying problems and opportunities and setting priorities
- Aligns people with the organization’s strategic and operational objectives.
- Adopts new approaches when circumstances demand it
- Clarifies services requirements and expectations
- Identifies emerging needs and proactively acts to address them Actively participates in community health education or serves on boards/advisory committees as part of the social accountability program.
- Determines staffing needs, work methods, and performance standards to ensure adequate and appropriate coverage to meet operational needs.
- Assumes responsibility for staffing/scheduling personnel reflecting appropriate utilization of personnel according to the flexible staffing model.
- Assure staff input into staffing plan on an annual basis
- HPPD is consistently at benchmark; any variances are assessed and justified
- Maintains equipment, reports and resolves problems promptly
- Achieves annual budgetary goals, with emphasis on efficient use of personnel and resources.
- Cultivates a positive work environment
- Gives frequent constructive feedback
- Participates in recruitment, selection, and retention of personnel
- Turnover rate remains below the national benchmark
- Monitors the job performance of each employee and conducts annual performance appraisals, on time at 100% rate
- Facilitates orientation and in-service training for department staff to promote professional growth
- Assists staff in developing goals and objectives for individual growth and development including certification to meet current and future department needs
- Mentors staff in the areas of conflict resolution, problem-solving and customer relations.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Minimum BSN and a Masters degree, National Certification in specialty required
- Minimum of 5 years of Nursing Leadership Experience
- Current State of Maine RN Licensure
Please apply to this opening if it sounds like you are a close fit and would make you excited to come to work every day.
Great Bay Staffing Group
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. Be advised we will not distribute your resume outside our firm without first speaking with you and obtaining your permission.
Professional Search & Contract Staffing
resumes at GreatBayStaffing.com
Feel free to forward this job opening to qualified individuals!