We are recruiting Medical Technologists for a MAGNET Community Hospital located 30 miles North of Manhattan.
First or Second Shift
- Benefits include Medical. dental, prescription plans- shared costs between Hospital and employee
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan.Defined Contribution Rate
- Tuition Reimbursement- full- time employees receive $10,000/yr and part-time employees receive $5,000 per year
- Performs Chemistry, Special Chemistry , Immunology and Serology testing using automated and manual techniques.
- Analyze blood, body fluid and using specimens according to established procedures of the Chemistry Department.
- Evaluates test results for abnormalities and/or significant variations and confirms and/or corrects before releasing.
- Participates in external NYS and CAP proficiency testing as well as internal proficiencies.
- Complies with all regulatory standards.
- Equipment used- Micros-scan, Cephied, ID Now, BD, Blood Culture, etc.
- Annual Microbiology test volume reported to the CAP is 300,000.
- Five Pathologists on site.
- Must have a New York State DOH License
- ASCP or NCA Certification preferred
- Current NYS Clinical Technologist License or Licensure eligible.