Salary Range: $43,000 - $63,000 - depending upon education and experience
Day shift - 4, 10-hour shifts per week with rotating on-call and weekend rotation
Reports To: Laboratory Director
Assists and performs various clinical laboratory procedures, including chemical, microscopic, bacteriologic tests to obtain data for the use in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Performs patient specimen analysis for diagnostic purposes, under the direct supervision of a Medical Technologist. Enters all results into the computer system. Responsible for cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing various equipment and work areas in the laboratory. Maintains laboratory inventory. Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Conduct blood tests for transfusion purposes and perform blood counts.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance.
- Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions or reagents to be combined with samples, following standardized formulas or experimental procedures
- Analytical Thinking
- Conduct chemical analyses of body fluids, such as blood or urine, using microscope or automatic analyzer to detect abnormalities or diseases and enter findings into computer.
- Examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.