We are looking for a Nurse Manager for our long term care facility located in Waterloo, New York. This is a direct hire, full time position.
- Interpersonal skills which ensure effective communication with staff, patients, families, physicians, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Knowledgeable in the area of management systems and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective work relationships in an effort to lead others in the direction of meeting organizational objectives.
- Analytical skills to assess departmental needs, develop, and implement planned interventions, and evaluate the effectiveness of applied interventions.
- Basic management competencies for the position assigned.
- Ability to facilitate project management, work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities and enhance the spirit of teamwork through effective role modeling.
- Familiarity with DOH requirements.
60-bed skilled nursing facility with a reputation for outstanding medical, nursing, and rehabilitative care. The renovated facility consists of 4, 40-bed units located on 3 floors. The Special Needs Unit specializes in the care of those with Alzheimer's and other dementia related diseases.
It offers a broad range of skilled nursing and rehabilitative services. Our multidisciplinary team, consisting of physicians, nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, social work, activities and nutritional services staff, works directly with the resident and family members to devise and carry out the best possible plan of care. As part of larger health system, are able to offer a continuum of care unmatched in our region. Our system provides access to a wide variety of medical specialists as well as outstanding acute care services should the need arise.
The residents have the opportunity to participate in a diverse array of activities. We offer daily recreational programs, with a monthly calendar developed with direct input from the residents themselves. Our intergenerational program brings in school children of all ages to share their lives with our residents. The Life Enrichment Program is a comprehensive therapeutic activity program for residents with a history or diagnosis of dementia, associated depression, or who may demonstrate behaviors that are difficult to manage.
Its beautiful campus and active community spirit further enhance our facility. The courtyard area boasts a brilliant array of plants and flowers with walking paths and a center gazebo. This same area also contains a covered pavilion, perfect for family gatherings or resident activities. All of our gardens, as well as many other amenities are made possible through the tireless efforts of the Taylor Brown Auxiliary and our wonderful staff of volunteers. These folks continue to share the local community with our residents through their selfless work.
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Professional Nurse Program.
- Current NYS License to practice as a Professional Registered Nurse.
- Two years of Nursing experience or Two years of Long Term Care experience.
- Supervisor or Management experience