- Shift: Mon - Fri
- $120,000.00 to $140,000.00 DOE
- Provides basic care management services to the mentally ill in a clinical setting.
- Communicates with follow on providers after patient is discharged from Program.
- Assists patients/families in most effective way to provide for concrete service needs (vocational, education, entitlement).
- Assists with intakes and assessing admission criteria for admission to the River Community Wellness Program.
- Provides therapeutic interventions, medication assessment and crisis response to new and existing clients.
- Responsible for psychotherapy services and participates in establishing diagnosis, treatment planning, rehabilitation, evaluation and follow-up of patients or clients.
- Requests personality, intelligence, and other clinical tests and guides therapy based on their results.
- Maintains documentation of services including treatment plans and reviews, progress notes, and other required information in compliance with Hospital and other third party agencies requirements.
- Provide crisis assessments for all walk-in patients experiencing emotional distress and initiate care regime. Provide all necessary follow up to crisis appointments.
- Identifies and follows up on issues that affect environmental safety.
- Follows institutional and departmental policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Utilizes resources effectively through exploration and effective use of staff, work routines, supplies, and etc.
- Assists to implement changes that increase cost-effectiveness.
- Participates in the ongoing quality improvement monitoring of RCWP.
- Responds to emergency situations in the hospital.
- Participates in the management of aggressive patient techniques.
- Receives medical supervision/collaboration from psychiatric consultants consistent with applicable Protocol for Provision of Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Services.
Completion of a Master’s Degree or, post-Master’s Degree in Nursing within the psychiatry specialty area from an accredited college or university.
Professional Certification, License
Possession of current license to practice as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner as granted by New York State.
Knowledge of the principles of psychotherapy applicable to care, treatment and rehabilitation of children and adults with behavioral, developmental or psychological disturbances.
Knowledge of psychological testing devices and methods.