- Compensation: $180,000 - $200,000
- Comprehensive Benefit, and Retirement Programs.
- Full relocation assistance.
- The client is a nationally-ranked STEM university
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides leadership and oversight for the development and execution of a sustainable financial model for the University that anticipates and responds to the opportunities and challenges of the higher education environment. Reporting to the President, the CFO is responsible for the management of operating budgets and financial reporting, development of forecasts for the University that accurately anticipate risks and opportunities including return on investment and opportunity cost analysis promotes operational excellence through cross-departmental collaboration, and possesses a demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and effectively communicate statistical and financial information to internal and external stakeholders.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Develops strategies for the University's financial health for the future while managing ongoing operations.
- Establishes and maintains a strong internal controls environment to properly report the financial results of the university. Directs the preparation of all financial statements.
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements. Maximizes return on invested funds; maintains relationships with investment advisors.
- Provides strategic leadership in planning for university growth, resolving financial issues, and evaluating financial performance against objectives.
- Designs and directs the implementation of best practices for fiscal affair's business processes and financial analyses.
- Provides oversight of the preparation of the budget and annual financial reports, general accounting, payroll, bond financing issues, purchasing, and inventory control.
- Ensure compliance with Board of Trustees' policies; college, county, state, and federal regulations; generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP); and other statutory requirements.
- Manage all Student Housing assignments, fees & student concerns, and the employees that perform these functions.
- Manage all Shipping, Receiving, Mailroom, Dining, and Landlord functions and the employees that perform these functions.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in higher education
- Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA preferred.