129-bed, acute-care, JC accredited regional hospital located on the beautiful southern Oregon coast. Coos Bay offers an extraordinary quality of life, attracting many future residents and businesses to the area with an abundance of outdoor recreational activities, a world-class golf resort, educational opportunities and state of the art medical facilities. With the ocean just a few miles away, the Bay, and abundant coastal rivers and forests, you can enjoy great fishing and other great water activities.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $115,000
Shift: 8 hour days
Responsible for facilitating the patient’s hospitalization from pre-admission through post-discharge, ensuring that the patient has a smooth transition through the continuum of care. Coordinates with physicians, nurses and the health team members to expedite medically appropriate, cost-effective care.
Applies clinical expertise and medical appropriateness criteria to resource utilization and discharge planning. Will advise the health care team and provide leadership as needed. Will be the coordinator of the transition planning process. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept: EMR and InterQual
- At least 5 years of acute care clinical experience as a registered nurse
- At least 2 years of experience with case management, discharge planning or patient placement
- Able to read, write legibly and converse effectively in the English language
- Demonstrates knowledge of Medicare/CMS guidelines
- OR RN license
- Certification in Case Management preferred
- BSN preferred
- BLS (AHA)