- Salary in the $140-160,000 range.
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- This is a remote position
Our client is seeking a Software Architect who can be a part of its diverse, dynamic team. You will be responsible to drive architectural direction for client products using various languages, tools, technologies, with a particular focus on cloud technologies. This company processes billions upon billions of records daily for various financial institutions. It also provides trade surveillance, monitoring and analysis capabilities to improve transparency, health, robustness and overall health of financial markets.
Who Will Be a Great Fit for this Cloud Software Architect position?
- You will be responsible for the architectural direction and evaluate potential solutions and technologies. The emphasis is on rearchitecting Validus by using cloud technologies and architectures that enable increased scalability and robustness, extensibility, and cost-efficiency.
- You will prototype and design new cloud-based services to support Validus' future product lines. Some ports may be made of existing functionality. Others might be brand new.
- Cloud technologies will be used to enhance products.
- To understand and refine product requirements, you will be working closely with the product team
- As we develop the product and migrate it to a cloud-based environment, you will be working with the security team.
- Your role will be to help refine and develop company standards, best practices, and software development processes.
- Interview candidates for other positions on the team.
- You will be a mentor and guide for other software engineers in the team
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, building sophisticated horizontally-scalable software solutions for solving complex data-intensive problems (experience with trading or finance is a plus)
- 5+ years of proven experience building software that runs effectively and efficiently on a cloud technology stack (AWS preferred), either as migration from a non-cloud system or natively on the cloud
- Proven experience working with AWS or other cloud technology stacks and understand how to most effectively leverage cloud technologies and architectures
- You are adept at writing excellent code in several languages (at least Python plus something else, preferably also some experience with C++) and comfortable switching between them as needed
- Experience working with very large data sets in relational databases (and perhaps also in other forms such a data lake model), and have experience working with SQL
- Experience using Linux and are comfortable and effective working in a shell environment
- Experience working with git or similar source code management systems
- You are able to work effectively remotely
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.