- Salary in the $145-165,000 range. plus bonus
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- Full relocation assistance.
This is an electrical design engineering position that requires the ability to apply sound engineering and project management principles for the leadership and execution of complex board design projects within the Electronics Division.
The ideal candidate is someone who works well in cross-functional teams and has recent experience designing complex systems using state-of-the-art commercial off-the-shelf FPGAs, processors, or systems on a chip (SOCs). It is expected that this engineer can hit the ground running on complex PCB designs with limited oversight and a learning curve.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- System architecture design and detailed documentation
- Detailed electrical analysis, design and schematic capture
- Manage PCB layout design resources
- Prototype bring up and debugging
- Functional verification
- Performance characterization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with solid EE fundamentals
- Required experience designing PCBs that integrate commercial state-of-the-art processors, FPGAs, and systems on a chip (SOCs). Some examples may include Xilinx Virtex/Zync/Ultrascale, Microsemi Smartfusion/PolarFire, Intel Stratix 10 devices. Experience with small embedded digital/analog systems, especially low-power embedded processors (ARM, DSP, MCU, etc.) is also desirable.
- Experience with the design of power distribution networks for state-of-the-art processors, FPGAs or SOCs. Simulation and verification of power distribution networks using tools such as Ansys SIwave.
- Design experience with high-speed communication and/or memory interfaces (i.e. PCIe, Ethernet, DDR3/4, Multi-gigabit Transceivers). The ability to develop layout guidelines, and verify the design and signal integrity using tools such as Hyperlinx prior to fabrication.
- Experience in the following areas is integral to the position: system integration, processor selection, analog circuit design (op-amps, filters), sensor design and integration, data acquisition, sampling and control theory, digital signal processing techniques and low power design, signal integrity, power integrity
- System grounding/shielding and EMI mitigation techniques for complex sensor/actuator systems.
- Low-level understanding of programming languages such as C and VHDL is desirable in order to understand the basic functionality and operation of the FPGAs, SOCs or processors used on the design.
- BSEE, MSEE preferred
- Ability to obtain security clearance
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.