Senior System Architect Engineer is needed to play a vital role to use agile processes to specify the system level requirements for Advance Driving Assistance Systems and Automated Driving Features, for one of our long term clients in Michigan. This client is a leader in advanced vehicle safety systems and offers significant future opportunities to break into new vehicle safety technologies. In this role, you will be responsible to act as a Technical Lead for our Systems Team to develop Functional and Systems Architecture and drive Systems Requirements for Automated Driving features and also support the definition of specific requirements and architectures together with multi-site project and product teams, and support the RFQ process for ADAS/AD from systems engineering point of view, if you have experience with these, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Senior System Architect Engineer:
- responsible for Modeling and specifying system architectures and product definitions according to system engineering and safety standards for ADAS/AD systems
- use agile processes to specify the system level requirements for Advance Driving Assistance Systems and Automated Driving Features
- will distribute system functions to functional, logical, and physical blocks in the architecture and define signals/interfaces between the blocks
- You will also support the definition of specific requirements and architectures together with multi-site project and product teams, and support the RFQ process for ADAS/AD from systems engineering point of view.
- You will define, plan and implement system engineering strategies and architecture road map
- You will work on self-guided cross-functional teams and interface globally where you will help make decisions. You will also mentor the team on technical issues, tools, and processes as necessary.
Qualifications of the Senior System Architect Engineer:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science is required, and 10+ years of industry experience.
- Strong background and prior experience developing systems architecture, system requirements, and use cases for ADAS/AD features.
- Good knowledge about architecture modeling languages (SysML, UML).
- Track records of designing systems architectures and distribute system functions to functional, logical, and physical blocks.
- Know how to write good requirements that others can successfully implement, and write test cases for.
- Experience with architecture modeling tools like Rhapsody, Magic Draw, and Enterprise Architect. Experience in requirements management tools like DOORS, Polarion, and Integrity MKS.
- Knowledge in safety-critical systems applying functional safety standards (ISO 26262).
- Self-motivated; bringing structure to a highly unstructured task, and have the ability to set the technical direction and guide a team towards it long before others can.
- Experience with Agile Scrum, and scaled frameworks like LeSS and SAFe
- Experience with Jira or other similar tools
- Experience with requirements management tools like DOORs, CodeBeamer, Polarion, or SystemWeaver
- Experience with SysML and modeling tools such as Enterprise Architect, MagicDraw, and more
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
Nice to Have:
- A Master’s or PhD is preferred.
- Experience include automotive embedded system experience, basic knowledge of hardware.
- Good knowledge of relevant standards and methods for advanced driver-assistance systems i.e. ISO 26262, ISO 21434, ISO 21448, and more.
- Past experience with AUTOSAR and ASPICE are highly beneficial. Experience in user story development, unit testing, and system and software integration.
- System integration
- Vehicle health & diagnostics
- Experience with sensing such as camera, radar, lidar, sonar technologies and more
- Experience with designing safety critical hardware/software components
- Prior experience with vehicle autonomy, UAV or robotics
- Product launch experience (pre and post product launch experience)
- Knowledge of agile process in cross-functional teams is also very desirable for this role.
Compensation of the Senior System Architect Engineer:
Salary Range: $110,000-140,000/year depending on experience
- Competitive Salary + bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and company-paid disability and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching program
- 3-5 weeks of vacation DOE
- Flexible work hours
- Casual working environment
- No dress code