This client provides end-to-end solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory, accelerate the replenishment cycle, prevent out-of-stocks and reduce theft, thus improving merchandise availability and the shopper’s experience.
Senior Firmware Engineer is required to play a vital role in the development of embedded software system development for one of our best clients in Thorofare, NJ. This client is a global leader in merchandise availability solutions for B2B and B2C retailers, encompassing loss prevention, merchandise visibility and IoT product ecosystems. This role requires hands-on design engaged in the firmware development and sustaining of products supporting anti-theft and asset management devices in a retail environment. This client provides end-to-end solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory, accelerate the replenishment cycle, prevent out-of-stocks and reduce theft, thus improving merchandise availability and the shopper’s experience. If you have strong knowledge of embedded software, communications protocols, basic electronic circuits, signal processing, and wireless networks to perform their daily design tasks, then you are well suited for this position.
Responsibilities of Senior Firmware Engineer
- Specifying, designing, implementing, releasing, and supporting embedded software products for R&D software development department.
- Participating in embedded design projects from concept to production.
- Developing utilities, using C/C++, scripting in support of the embedded system development process using Linux.
- Supervising junior level developers or contract personnel in a senior level design/development role.
- Leading small interdisciplinary teams in completion of embedded software engineering project.
- Writing and executing Engineering / System test plan-cases.
- Responsible for providing substantive technical assistance in software development projects, including the design, coding, and testing of all embedded software system components (application development and kernel knowledge in Linux needed)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field
- 6+ years of experience as an Embedded Software Engineer
- 5+ years of experience with C/C++, including embedded real time C.
- Must have experience with Linux and embedded RTOS, including experience with 32-bit microprocessor architecture.
- Knowledge and experience with In-Circuit Emulators and Logic Analyzers.
- Must have experience with Wireless and Wired technology viz. Ethernet (TCP/IP), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular.
- Experience with product specifications, systems analysis, microprocessor-based systems, and firmware design.