This is a direct-hire position that offers stability, technical challenge, and an opportunity to grow your skills for many years into the future.
Job summary of the Embedded Software Engineer:
Our client, a global leader in vehicle safety technology, is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to work on next-generation products. In this position, you will work on the software development process which includes design, implementation, and testing of modular embedded software for 16/32/64 bit multicore microcontroller-based ECU products. This is a direct-hire position that offers stability, technical challenge, and an opportunity to grow your skills for many years into the future.
Responsibilities of the Embedded Software Engineer:
- Design, implement and test modular embedded software for 16/32/64 bit microcontroller based automotive ECU products
- Champion the quality, design, development and release of assigned software project elements in accordance of a process
- Evaluate change requests, analyze issues, perform basic functions of software design, code and test on assigned new features, change requests and defect fixes
- Establish and adhere to estimates in project work plan for assigned projects. Open mind to adopt to changing software release schedules and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Provide regular updates of assigned task progression to software lead for project planning, tracking and oversight
- Identify or propose product process or infrastructure improvements
- Contribute current status, relevant data and constructive opinion at team/section meetings; Exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior
- Interface with product development teams located in various geographical locations
- Excellent people skills, ability to work well within an interdisciplinary team
- Tools: DOORS Requirements Management, Enterprise Architect, and Infineon Aurix Microcontroller tools (Compiler, Emulator, Simulator), QAC, Tasking Compiler, iSYSTEM WinIdea, and MKS Source Integrity, AUTOSAR Builder, Davinci Configurator, codebeamer
- BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Master’s Degree preferred
- 3+years of experience in Embedded or real-time software development
- C and assembly programming for 16/32/64 bit micro-controllers
- Experience with device driver development (Flash, EEPROM, CAN, SPI, AD, etc.)
- Electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, power supply, etc.)
- Embedded software tools, debuggers, cross compilers, etc.
Preferred Qualifications the Embedded Software Engineer::
- Experience in developing embedded software for automotive ECUS
- Experience in industry standards like UDS Diagnostics, ISO262262, AUTOSAR
- Familiarity with Autosar and Vector Tools (Davinci Configurator, CANalyzer, CANoe, CANdela)