The Network Administrator will be responsible for maintaining a variety of healthcare and business systems and directly providing support to end users.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.).
- Configure and setup Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications.
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments.
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications.
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ethernet, Nutanix Hyper-Converged architecture, etc.
- Configure and install client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Maintain multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities.
- Supervise the administration of network and telecommunication systems and network servers to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Specialize in the inspection and repair of any equipment or service related to the field of telecommunications.
- Provide technical support to management in formulating policies with respect to network and telecommunications functions.
- Assist with planning and directing the installation and maintenance of telephone and communications systems and services.
- Provide System Administration functions to include user and password account maintenance for the corporate NextGen application and related AWS (Amazon Web Services) Active Directory.
- Respond to IT Help Desk Ticket requests related to NextGen system administration and other Health Center applications.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Computer Technology
- Five years comparable work experience. Masters preferred.
- Background in healthcare.
- Specialization in computer networking, telecommunications, electronic telecommunications systems and the design, and knowledge of construction and maintenance of corporate network and communications system desired.