- Salary in the $125-170,000 range
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- State of the art office
- Work with high-caliber and innovative professionals
- Access to unlimited snacks and beverages in our lounge area
- State of the art office
- Progressive time-off benefits
- Gym membership at our building fitness center on our floor
- Divvy bike access
- A fun and collaborative environment
We are looking for a skilled software engineer with strong Data Management and Database Architecture skills. This position will be a support role for our team and will be responsible for building and optimizing databases, rest web API's and other databased access technologies for storage and efficient distribution of large data sets, high-bandwidth data needs to web apps and direct download for commercial customers.
This role requires strong software development skills and experience with database architecture. It also requires an understanding of software deployment to support the daily processing of large data sets into easily accessible formats for clients.
You Will Work With:
- OS: Windows, Linux
- Development: Visual Studio, Subversion
- Derivative Products: Equities, Options, Futures, Options on Futures
- Languages: C#, WPF, Statistical software (R or S), ElasticSearch (REST), Python, PowerShell
You will be responsible for:
- Specification and design of a data storage architecture including high-speed working access, mid-term efficient storage, and longer-term data recovery or disaster recovery needs.
- Design and optimize production data tables and databases for access based on use cases.
- Use best practices to build automation and support tools to extract load and transfer data across different environments (on-premises to cloud-based access, vendors SFTP to on-premises proprietary databases) daily.
- Work with data product management to design and support systematic database testing to identify issues and monitor data integrity.
- Support database administration and client support for the administration of users and user access, updating online documentation and other user access database needs.
- Work with our Dev Ops to schedule automation to successfully produce daily tables, update tables, and support improvements.
- Work with product managers to debug and develop efficient database queries to access our databases via multiple programming languages (SQL, Python, R, C++, C#, JSON) in support of client needs.
- Build simple UI tools to support and enable workflow.
Who Will Be a Great Fit for this Data Developer Engineer position?
- 3+ years of programming experience C# with particular emphasis on software engineering best practices, .Net frameworks, SQL Server, AWS S3 API, web sockets, Java Script.
- 3+ years experience in software development particularly in financial systems
- Skilled in statistical & scripting languages Python Numpy, Pandas, Athena, R, others
- Database & Database architecture experience AWS RDS, MYSQL, SQL, Oracle, Postgres, Elastic Search
- Experience with Industry data protocols One tick database, Bloomberg Bpipe, Open Mama, Google GDPR
- Knowledge and use of Agile methodology, or similar, including scrum, sprints.
- Previous experience with git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, or other similar Dev Ops tools is required.
- Experience with the ELK stack, Grafana, Prometheus, Telegraph, or equivalent system monitor components is a strong plus.
- Debugging experience
- Worked with and creating data architectures for large datasets.
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.