Under the direction of the Director, Business Applications, the Business Systems Analyst will work with multiple business units to understand their needs and leverage effective utilization of information technology to manage and profitably grow the business.
You will be involved with business application support for approximately 100 users and be required to develop external networks within relevant IT communities to deliver agreed-upon objectives. While this position does not have any direct reports, you may be required to manage third-party IT consultants. It is expected that there will be some occasional domestic travel to our Houston, TX, office.
- Analyze new and legacy business requirements and system capabilities to propose, direct development of, and implement improvements.
- Consult with the business staff at multiple sites to understand their needs and to leverage effective utilization of CRM, reporting, portals, and other key systems and interacting technology.
- Conduct project leadership work in a manner consistent with high quality and respect for deadlines and time commitments.
- Provide on-demand responsiveness required to keep business application solutions operating efficiently.
- Consult with the operational departments to enable greater efficiency and process effectiveness by understanding business challenges to meet key results.
- Perform technology project leadership tasks including planning, design, development oversight, status reporting, task scheduling, and business / technical analysis, testing, rollout, training, and project closure.
- Identify, report, and help solve project issues, conflicts, and problems. Mitigate risks that jeopardize the project deliverables.
- Write functional specifications that document business and technical requirements that are usable by business management and development resources.
- Develop system and user documentation for the purposes of knowledge management and self-service application support.
- Understand the structure of business system databases and work to ensure their integrity and operational efficiency.
- Deliver comprehensive on-demand status reporting to the Director, Business Applications.
- Manage interdependencies between projects.
- Attend industry conventions and seminars to learn about new applications and solutions.
- Coordinate with 3rd party vendor relationships as related to services utilized.