The latest technologies. Job security in that they work on government contracts that are budget for years. Chance to get a clearance - more job security. Not too big of an organization - around 300 people, 1/3rd are Phd's.
Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
They are more than a research lab; they are an innovation hub. They have an entrepreneurial spirit molding technology of the future. They are involved in cybersecurity, data analytics, advanced networking, wireless and mobility, display technologies, optical and quantum, power grid and IoT security, and electronic warfare. The industries they work in include smart cities and smart phones, intelligent battlefields and autonomous systems, telecommunications, energy, finance, government, life sciences and defense. They have 225 scientists, engineers and analysts on staff, 260+ issued, licensed and pending patents. They have more than 125 PhD's on staff, 40+ collaborations with universities, research organizations and vendors. Additionally they have 100+ on-going customer-funded research and technology programs.
We are looking for candidates with a strong background in software development and networking for Full-Time positions in our research group. Candidates will work with teams to research, conceive, and develop prototypes, and should be adept at identifying successful approaches to complex problems. Research areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
Full-Stack software development of prototype and research systems
Front-End web development to support research needs
Back-End database configuration and management for website support
User Interface design, architecture, and improvement
Computer network architecture composition, production, and design
- Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Ability and desire to quickly acquire knowledge of new subject matter areas
- Ability to rapidly respond to changing needs and requirements
- Expertise in one or more of the following languages:
- U.S. Citizens required with an active TS with polygraph clearance or higher.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas and toolsets:
- Principles and technologies used in Full-Stack development environments
- Background in database architecture
- Experience with software debugging tools and frameworks
- Knowledge of current data science principles