Our client is more than a research lab; they are an innovation hub. They have an entrepreneurial spirit molding technology of the future. They are involved in cybersecurity, data analytics, advanced networking, wireless and mobility, display technologies, optical and quantum, power grid and IoT security, and electronic warfare. The industries they work in include smart cities and smartphones, intelligent battlefields and autonomous systems, telecommunications, energy, finance, government, life sciences, and defense. They have 225 scientists, engineers, and analysts on staff, 260+ issued, licensed, and pending patents. They have more than 125 Ph.D.'s on staff, 40+ collaborations with universities, research organizations, and vendors. Additionally, they have 100+ on-going customer-funded research and technology programs.
This position is a key leadership role within focusing on the wireless systems and networks research areas. The position will help develop and lead research in digital RF communications, RF signal processing, spectrum sensing, wireless networking and will employ novel concepts to bring to bear to hard problems. Other areas of interest include AI/ML and cybersecurity as it pertains to wireless systems and networks. The ideal candidate should have existing relationships within research and development customer agencies (DARPA, CERDEC, AFRL, and Intelligence Customers) and should have managed multiple different research projects sponsored by these organizations.
- Develop a unified technical and business strategy for the Wireless Systems and Networks department,
- Expand both the business and customer base of the department,
- Ensure successful execution of projects and transition of technologies to downstream customers,
- Line management, including recruiting, hiring and professional staff development, and
- Collaborate with other managers within the company to ensure the overall success of the organization