- Salary range $110-130,000
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs
- stock options, and great perks.
- This is a remote role.
Our client is leading the way with innovative solutions that have been shaping the cybersecurity landscape for the past two decades. Our products and solutions help customers in a way that is simple, secure, and unique. As a Database Administrator, you will take the lead on directly
supporting the MySQL back-end used by our security-focused software products. Responsibilities include working as part of an agile team to design, provision, monitor, troubleshoot and maintain the MySQL instances backing our public cloud identity management solution.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Supports and maintains mission-critical MySQL server instances
- Ensures cryptographic security of database data and all connections
- Architects and implements fault-tolerant design with minimal
- downtime during failover to other zones, regions
- Can independently setup monitoring and alerting in AWS for critical
- MySQL metrics (CPU%, slow queries, number of connections)
- Implements standard and advanced techniques for database backups
- providing minimal RPO while balancing cost
- Provides direct and responsive support for urgent analytic needs
- Collaborates with others to brainstorm how to tackle complex
- technological infrastructure, security, or development problems
- Participate in on-call rotation to further provide mission-critical
Successful candidates must have extensive experience administering MySQL, be comfortable with both small/isolated instances and large/multi-tenant instances, be a critical thinkers and have strong
diagnostic skills to find and address problems. Additionally, the candidate must be highly organized with strong communication skills and a mindset for continuous improvement.
- 5+ years of MySQL administration experience
- Significant, hands-on experience with AWS services such as RDS, EC2,
- EKS, S3, VPC, CloudWatch
- Expertise with query optimization and performance tuning
- Direct experience defining and implementing aggressive RTO and RPO
- Strong understanding of Linux OS fundamentals
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up,
- always-available service
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.