This mid-town Manhattan firm is one of the most highly regarded financial firms in the industry! If you're looking for growth opportunities, stability, great culture and an in-office experience with some latitude towards a potential hybrid schedule (currently onsite only), this is the job for you!
Our Client is a reputable and time-honored financial organization with a global presence. This company is looking for a SQL / .Net Developer with previous experience to join the Data Operations group. The ideal candidate would be passionate about data and understanding complex data relationships and analytics. This addition to the staff will join a team of programmers/developers responsible for supporting and enhancing a key Processing System for the Client and related source databases. The Developer will partner with the other engineers, business analysts, and key stakeholders to design tough and scalable data extraction, transformation, and loading solutions.
SQL Development & Data Management
- Implement and maintain ETL/ELT solutions ensuring proper database coding standards, and quality assurance procedures using SQL and .Net.
- Implement and maintain an effective mapping of multiple sources and target systems in support of accurate premium feeding/reporting.
- Employ new and existing systems in the creation of ETL processes, and data quality validation techniques.
- Identify and analyze data discrepancies and data quality issues and work to ensure data consistency and integrity.
- Able to write effective unit, integration, and e2e tests
- Ensure data standards are reused and enforced across all data-driven initiatives.
Effective Communication and Team Collaboration
- Translate technical activities and objectives in a manner appropriate for various audiences and stakeholders during 1-on-1 interactions, meetings, and conference calls.
- Proactively seek guidance on issues requiring additional clarity or instruction from other team members or management.
- Review designs by other team members and give constructive feedback in meetings or in written form when required.
- Share accrued knowledge through the use of meetings, walk-thru's, conference calls, and other appropriate methods.
- Follow departmental workflow processes and work in a transparent manner.