- Compensation: $140,000 - $165,000
- Prestigious company in suburban Philadelphia location.
- Outstanding benefits, including free food and snacks daily, free on-premises gym, a very casual work environment, and of course, comprehensive medical/dental insurance, etc..
- Relocation Assistance.
Our client is a privately-held financial services firm in suburban Philadelphia and is seeking a software developer to help build their high-frequency market data distribution platform. You will work closely with strategy and infrastructure development teams, building a multi-threaded C++, high-performance, and low-latency platform Windows architecture. The bulk of your programming will be in C++, and you will also have a chance to work with C#, Python, and a range of different middleware products.
Who will be a great fit for the C++ Developer?
- Research, design, and develop functional and technical design specifications using C++.
- Create and modify procedures and practices in an autonomous fashion.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine the feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, adapt it to new hardware, or upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Engage in problem definition, decomposition, and solutions definition within the scope of the application.
- Provide support for applications once they are deployed into the production environment.
- Experience with and a demonstrated understanding of Object-oriented design and software development in a high-performance/high throughput environment using C++ (preferably on Windows).
- Knowledge of networking concepts and/or network programming.
- Thorough understanding of full life-cycle development and performance optimization/latency reduction methodologies.
- Familiarity with Linux is a plus.
- Experience in the financial services industry is not required.
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!