- Salary $120-140,000
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- A very well-established trading firm with tons of growth opportunities. Great work culture and great work-life balance.
- Partially Remote
The network team designs, implements, and supports the network infrastructure for the company’s proprietary real-time trading systems, including proprietary hardware platforms focusing on low latency. Network performance and redundancy are critical to the success of the global trading operation. The network engineer will be part of a team that works with our software engineers and traders to satisfy the high availability of the electronic trading infrastructure.
The candidate is expected to be local in the Metropolitan Chicago area. The candidate will have about a 50/50 mix of working from home and working in the Chicago office. This position will also be expected to travel locally to Chicago area data centers when necessary.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
You will be able to :
- Design, engineer, and implement network solutions based on requirements from business stakeholders
- Own and manage strategic projects to implement and optimize low latency, high-performance network solutions at and between various data center locations
- Work with financial exchanges, brokers, and banks to implement network connectivity in shared colocation facilities.
- Carry out high-level analysis and troubleshooting of the network infrastructure
- Respond to network requests, and troubleshoot network failures to diagnose, isolate and resolve complex problems ensuring timely results and minimal disruption of operations
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades, including patches and hotfixes to address vendor bugs and vulnerabilities
- Monitor system resource utilization and historical trends, and perform capacity planning
- Provide technical knowledge needed to ensure safe, effective, and efficient changes to the network infrastructure
- Participate in team on-call rotation cycle
- Occasionally travel to our other locations
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!