A rapidly expanding product-driven technology company is seeking to recruit a Director of Tax. Our client is looking for a tax professional that is promotable. The successful candidate will help scale the existing function and address the tax issues generated by increased international business activity and acquisitions.
To support the changing needs of this growing company, we are seeking to attract a generalist tax professional (with strong international tax experience) to help with various strategic and tactical tax issues across all geographies. Also, this individual will be tasked with managing and developing the current team, making new hires, and working with the Company's outside service providers.
- Direct all aspects of US and non-US tax compliance, such as preparing tax return work papers, reviewing tax returns prepared by tax advisors, processing tax payments, and responding to audit inquiries.
- Participate in international tax structuring efforts.
- Coordinate the preparation of the US tax provision and related financial statement footnotes with external tax advisors.
- Understand tax requirements for new countries that the Company enters and support the creation of new entities as needed.
- Direct outside tax advisors in the preparation of various federal, state, local, and non-US tax forms.
- Participate in transfer pricing analysis efforts and documentation requirements, including country-by-country reporting with external tax providers.
- Participate in the month-end close processes.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding various tax laws and regulations, including international, federal, and state tax laws.
- Assist in performing due diligence for acquisitions, tax audits, and other tax reporting.
- Oversee the on-going utilization of Net Suite and other technology tools.