- Compensation in the $150-175,000 range
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs
- Relocation assistance
- This position is in the Central New York / Adirondack Region. 1 hour from Syracuse NY
The client is a 125-year-old healthcare network throughout central New York. The Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer and have regular interaction with other members of the Finance Team, Department Directors and Managers, and members of the Administrative Team. The Controller will need to quickly immerse him or herself into the health system's accounting and financial reporting functions and work to develop credibility as a strong, competent, and service-oriented professional within the Finance division. He/she is expected to collaborate with other Finance leaders and the Chief Financial Officer on recommendations designed to enhance financial performance and improve efficiency.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the health system's accounting and financial reporting functions. Our candidate of choice must have a strong appreciation and understanding of overall hospital/health system finance and must have excellent technical skills, experience in developing financial projections and analysis to support decision making. This individual will participate and assist in the development of accounting and payroll policies and procedures and is expected to serve as a major resource to operating units across the health system. He/she will need to possess a process improvement mindset in order to lead an assessment of current processes and structure and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Progressive healthcare administrative experience, ideally in a Controller role
- Computerized accounting and financial reporting experience in an acute care hospital or health system
- Must have a deep understanding and strong technical skills in accounting and finance including general ledger; internal and external financial reporting; accounts payable; payroll; cash flow; cost/benefit analysis
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and federal and NY State financial regulations
- Master's Degree preferred, CPA is required.
ABOUT THE AREA:
Geneva is located at the northern end of Seneca Lake, known as the Finger Lakes Region. It boasts quality wine trails, a rich history, natural beauty, and four-season attractions. On Cayuga Lake, the city of Ithaca is home to Cornell University. The surrounding area is marked by high gorges, many with dramatic waterfalls, including Taughannock Falls and Buttermilk Falls. Near the tip of Seneca Lake, Watkins Glen State Park has rocky cliffs and cascading waterfalls, plus trout fishing. Southwest is the Corning Museum of Glass. To the north is the Old Erie Canal, a pivotal 19th-century waterway now offering hiking, canoeing, and fishing. In the northwest, the city of Rochester overlooks Lake Ontario. Not a far drive to a top-rated mall, great restaurants, and tons of outdoor activities. You can find Hobart and Williams Smith Colleges and Ithaca are nearby.
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.