- Salary in the $65-80,000 range.
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- Worldwide company.
The purpose of the Indirect Buyer is to identify qualified suppliers and procure the products and services needed to support the operation of the business. The products that the Indirect Purchasing team procures are all goods that support the business but do not go into the finished product (ie: machine components, office supplies, etc.). Some examples of services procured include facility cleaning, machine repair, grounds maintenance, etc.
The primary responsibilities of the Indirect Buyer include, but are not limited to, the following:
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Assemble and distribute a request for quotations and proposals as needed to procure items or benchmark current sources
- Place purchase orders in support of indirect purchasing needs
- Ensure that contracted pricing is adhered to when applicable
- Review quotes and proposals from suppliers and negotiate as needed to ensure best pricing and service
- Work with the Indirect Purchasing Manager to identify cost, quality, delivery & inventory improvement opportunities
- Work with suppliers, accounting, and stakeholders to resolve payment, service or supply discrepancies
- Monitor orders and work with suppliers to ensure the timely delivery of goods or services
- Work with stakeholders in the organization to set up new suppliers as needed
- Support the Indirect Purchasing Manager and the organization to achieve the performance levels required
- Achieve cost savings target or goal as determined by leadership
- 2 years relevant purchasing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in AS 400 (preferred)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work cross-functionally (will work closely with operations team)
- Willing to work remotely until office staff has returned to the office full time
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.