- Competitive salary of $80-90,000, plus 10% bonus
- Benefits packages including Medical, dental, and life insurance, Vision Care Plan, 401(k) Plan, Vacation, sick and holiday pay, and a lot more.
- Work from home 2-3x a week !
Our client understands a true work-life balance is essential to productivity and career fulfillment. They are continually aiming to disrupt the traditional corporate work structure.
This bank is looking for a motivated Mortgage Loan Underwriter to perform a variety of loan processing, underwriting, and administrative functions to expedite mortgage loans from application through closing. This individual will underwrite residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate Bank policies and procedures, secondary market investor guidelines, and state and federal regulations. The position will be responsible for examining and reviewing loan documents for accuracy and completeness while working with the originator and production staff to secure all required documents. Sound lending judgment and attention to detail required.
- Reviews loan applications and relevant disclosures to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and investor requirements
- Analyzes loan applications to identify risk issues and potential red flags
- Evaluates documentation such as credit, income, assets, and liabilities, to determine underwriting decision
- Examines appraisals and inspection reports to determine if the collateral is acceptable
- Performs underwriting analysis on all mortgage loan products
- Ensures loan files are documented per investor guidelines to ensure marketability to the secondary market.
- Reviews and clears conditions to enable the loan to move to close
- Manage pipeline to meet and exceed company expectations for prompt turn times
- 2+ years of experience in Mortgage Underwriting
- Solid understanding of Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae guidelines
- Proficient in automated underwriting systems, including LP, DU
- Strong analytical and math skills
- Able to deal effectively with, and provide good service to our customers and all levels of Bank personnel;
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.