Does the idea of living in the beautiful state of Vermont appeal to you? Do you enjoy being active and relish the splendor of the different seasons. If you are an experienced tax professional with public company experience, strong federal income tax capabilities; the ability to help the business leaders navigate important business decisions and the leadership qualities to help make the tax group even better, we should talk!
Our client is a profitable public company that provides a range of technical business services. The Company has shown consistent growth through a combination of internal growth and acquisitions. The goal is to continue this pattern.
The Director of Taxation provides leadership in the development and implementation of corporate tax practices and procedures, ensures timely compliance in the preparation of the company’s tax returns and tax provisions, and is an effective partner with non-tax professionals and external agencies and service providers. This position reports to the VP of Taxation.
- Manages and assists in the preparation of income and other tax returns, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of filings with appropriate documentation.
- Prepares quarterly tax provisions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, including working with the company’s tax and finance teams, external auditors and tax consultants, and ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Performs research on tax issues and identifies opportunities to reduce tax obligations for the organization, including developing and implementing applicable processes and procedures.
- Provides tax guidance on business acquisitions, including recommendations on structures, completion of due diligence analyses, and coordination with various team members.
- Assists in managing tax audits.
- Monitors legislative changes in tax laws that may impact the company, including tax accounting implications.
- Provides leadership to team members through managing workflow, providing guidance and training, and developing opportunities that assist employees in attaining the necessary skills to achieve team and corporate results, including leading by example, a focus on collaboration and a commitment to teaching.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of tax matters and the company and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and abide by our core values.
- Ensures compliance with all company, state, and federal policies, regulations, and laws regarding employment and employee safety.