The Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for maintaining and improving upon the existing cost accounting functions in support of manufacturing operations and supply chain management for the US manufacturing plant. Scope of activities includes significant involvement in the monthly close process, general ledger entries and account reconciliation/analysis related to inventory and cost of goods sold accounts.
This is an opportunity for a motivated manufacturing financial professional seeking longer term growth to a Business Unit Controller position or as a pathway into a Senior level manufacturing operations support role. Both are viable career pathways.
- Maintain accurate costing methodology in the ERP system (SAP B1)
- Development of the costing methodology and KPI reporting for inventory & management cost reporting (P&L)
- Maintain standard cost system to ensure accuracy of inventory valuation and lead annual manufacturing cost standard updates and analyzes variances to standards.
- Monitor inventory transactions and processes including scrap, inventory, and COGS to ensure accuracy and compliance with corporate policies.
- Monthly manufacturing and overhead variance research, analysis, and reporting, including labor/overhead absorption by product lines and
- Prepare and analyze department expense variances (actual to budgets/forecasts), monthly revenues & associated gross margin analysis.
- Run bi-weekly production order review reporting and meetings.
- Run monthly and quarterly meeting to review non-standard variances and gross margin analysis with senior management.
- Assists senior management teams in understanding costs, variances, and other operating measures, including product/SKU level margins through key strategic reports.
- Responsible for providing and verifying product costs in support of all cost-based pricing contracts, intercompany transfer pricing.
- Identify potential issues and coordinate issue resolution/problem solving with other functional teams.
- General ledger reconciliation responsibility all inventory and cost of goods sold accounts.
- Coordinates with Materials Management on required inventory reserves and ensure compliance with periodic cycle counts and physical inventory and reconcile results.
- Provide support to FP&A team by forecasting/modeling quarterly absorptions based on production plan as well as purchase price variances, scrap rates, material variances and other relevant factors.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process, including preparation of standard costs.
- Drive the development of procedures and controls that ensure meaningful and reliable product costs and accurate inventories.
- Prepare for and participate in internal and external reviews and audits.
- Involved, as time permits, in FP&A and general ledger support as well as special projects.