As a critical member of the Finance Department, the Assistant Controller serves as the primary point of contact for matters related to the manufacturing plant. This is a fantastic opportunity to be responsible for cost accounting, inventory control, AP, payroll, billing, and preparation of plant financial and other control reports. The successful candidate supports the maintenance of manufacturing, inventory and finished goods ledgers and cost accounting activities. You will compile and analyze operating performance reports. Prepare and analyze unusual items on financial reports.
- Participate in plant management meetings as well as core product review meetings.
- Mentor and manage your team which includes: Being responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training your employees. Planning, assigning, and directing work; and appraising performance.
- Be responsible for Cost Accounting; distribute material and labor variances to plant personnel; report variances; spend time on plant floor to enhance your understanding of processes.
- Be a key resource for plant personnel on operating expenses, inventory transactions, and the capitalization of assets.
- Drive operational continuous improvements and efficiencies on labor & overhead burden to improve business profitability.
- Proactively identify opportunities that can make a contribution outside the traditional sphere of influence; works actively with purchasing and maintenance departments to reduce inventory balances and free up capital.
- Ensures inventory results and balances are reconciled and valued accurately; ensures compliance with SOX and annual internal auditing; adheres to GAAP; audit payroll distribution and routinely reviews GL accounts monthly.