- Salary in the $125 - 130,000 range
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- high growth startup in one of the most exciting markets in decades
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for providing management and introducing brokers with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts, posting journal entries, and preparing financial reports. Additionally, the staff accountant will be responsible for the review of general ledger data and the preparation of reconciliations.
- Prepare and distribute monthly commission reports for introducing brokers
- Prepare and record cost allocations for introducing brokers and their customers
- Manage broker requests related to commissions in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepare monthly clearing and exchange fees reconciliation
- Prepare daily net capital computation, investigate inconsistencies and variances
- Produce daily reports as required
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare month-end close journal entries
- Help process Accounts Payable batches, review invoices, and prepares payments
- Seek opportunities to automate the accounting and reporting processes
- Cross-train with and backup other accounting staff
- Assist with 1099 reporting and other financial issues
Who Will Be a Great Fit for this Product Manager position?
- The ideal candidate is P&L trading focused with Broker-Dealer experience
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting processes, procedures, and GAAP
- Experience in PeopleSoft accounting software
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!