Our client is a customized computing solutions business providing systems for high-performance computing (HPC), artificial intelligence (AI), big data storage, the Internet of Things (I of T), and other technical user needs. The Company offers solutions for both data center and edge environments. The services division keeps client network environments optimized, and secure and provides deep project and technical management for transformational projects. The Company recently completed a transaction with a new Private Equity Sponsor and is poised for significant growth both organically and through acquisition.
The Corporate Controller will lead by example and will be involved in improving the existing accounting operations; ensuring the reporting cycle activity is timely and in accordance with GAAP and anticipating the increased demands on the accounting group that come with business
growth. The position will report to the Chief Financial Officer, interact with all aspects of the business, and have exposure to the Company’s private equity sponsor.
- Deliver timely and accurate monthly financial statements, including preparation of closing journal entries, FX translation, tax
- provision, consolidation, and supporting Excel databooks.
- Manage and improve monthly and other period ends (monthly, quarterly, and annual) accounting close cycles
- Supervise and assist in the preparation of monthly account reconciliations
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact financial reporting
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; develop new accounting policies in accordance with
- GAAP as necessary.
- Maintain sales tax via Avalara software, including review, reconciliation, and processing of monthly sales tax returns using
- Avalara software
- Lead and support the timely and efficient completion of annual audits including coordinating the provision of information to external
- auditors and the preparation of fully GAAP compliant financial statements and footnotes.
- Manage financial ERP systems- currently utilize SAGE
- Manage accounting operations for all lines of business including the supervision of credit/collections/cash application and accounts
- payable functions
- Maintain the corporate legal entity structure including oversight to establish new entities required for growth and annual reporting
- through our registered agent
- Foster proactive working relationships with other functional departments (Accounting, Sales & Marketing, Operations, etc.) to
- ensure timely and accurate receipt of the information required for financial analysis.