- Compensation: $130 - 160,000
- Bonus eligible
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- For any accounting professional who enjoys working collaboratively and as a part of a team, the position of Corporate Accounting Manager is highly appealing. This role requires an individual with exceptional leadership abilities to lead by example and provide their staff members with guidance, support, and respect.
- Our client believes that professionals who have had long stints in other organizations and value companies with successful, continuous development over time will be the ideal fit for their business.
- Ultimately, this position requires the individual to live within reasonable proximity of the office. This includes professionals living in locations like Massachusetts sea shore and southern New Hampshire, who should be able to get here by car within 30-40 minutes. or less.
Our client is a renowned public medical device manufacturer. Their aptitude for innovation and flexibility has enabled them to experience sustained growth and profitability throughout the years.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures for this publicly traded manufacturing company with multiple reporting entities in order to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position supervises the general accounting and accounts payable teams and reports to the Corporate Controller.
- Maintains corporate accounting system, ensuring the general ledger structure is adhered to consistently, all data is preserved, and all internal controls are in place.
- Manages and supports all aspects of monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings, including detailed account reconciliations.
- Manages day-to-day activities of the accounts payable and general accounting departments to ensure that each function is performed in a timely, accurate, and well-controlled manner.
- Analyzes all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, ensuring their overall integrity and accuracy.
- Assists the controller in the management of quarter-end and year-end audits performed by a 3rd party public accounting firm, ensuring favorable and timely completions.
- Manages and supports other financial and related tax, bank, and insurance audits; assists with preparing external audit materials and financial reporting.
- Works closely with 3rd party tax accountants throughout the year, providing support documentation for annual tax returns and periodic unscheduled audits.
- Manages and supports the preparation of all periodic tax and statutory filings, including but not limited to sales and use taxes, property and excise taxes, franchise and annual reports, 1099 filings, and annual misc. Business censuses, surveys, and necessary reports.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources for continuous improvement in meeting critical deadlines accurately and timely.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and training of new systems.
- Provides on-demand financial analysis to support decision-making; explains monthly, quarterly, and annual financial variances.
- Maintains and updates company-wide financial reporting system, including developing and distributing reports, as needed.
- Acts as co-administrator for all banking functions, including but not limited to check signing, account access, approving positive pay exceptions, daily borrowing needs, and stop payments.
- 8 years of relevant experience in positions demonstrating progressive responsibility.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing personnel.
- Epicor ERP systems experience is a plus.
- Manufacturing industry and cost accounting experience are a plus.
- Strong excel skills are required.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!