- Attractive Salary range - $85-100,000
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- Very strong relocation package.
- Many additional company perks
Are you a strong analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving and project-management skills? Do you enjoy having a high level of responsibility? Our client, a very successful supplier to the automotive manufacturing industry, is seeking a dynamic Project Buyer to join their Troy, Michigan facility.
The successful candidate will be a part of a globally recognized company that offers technologically innovative solutions for automotive and industrial applications. The company attributes their success to having diverse, competent teams of innovative, out of the box thinkers who want to reach their full potential, and by giving back to their community through various social engagement activities.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Lead Purchasing activities for purchase components and material
- Work with Engineering on initial design concept to assist with attaining target cost
- Inquire, evaluate, and select suppliers according to the approved supplier panel, company specifications, quality expectations, and market competitiveness
- Conduct supplier evaluations and process audits for purchased components based on feasibility
- Schedule technical component reviews
- Evaluate and assess suppliers’ quotations to achieve commercial, technical, and quality requirements. Evaluate and provide component costing based on program BOM timing.
- Lead sourcing decision committees in accordance to company purchasing procedures and work with commodity buyers (regional and global) to leverage the best overall landed costs
- Communicate supplier risks to the project team
- Track and report savings
- B.A. or B.S in Supply Chain Management, Business or Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial)
- 5 years of purchasing, engineering, or business experience in an Automotive Manufacturing Tier 1 environment (cross-functional exposure preferred - technical and commercial experience)
- Strong negotiation, financial cost analysis, market analysis, continuous improvement, problem-solving, time and project management skills
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications
- Familiarity with Quality and Manufacturing tools such as S.P.C., Pokayoke, Pareto Analysis, Cause-Effect Analysis
- Exposure or participation in VA/VE and lean activities
- Specialized skills in the area of strategic planning, risk analysis/management, effective research methods, benchmarking, flowcharting, brainstorming, QS-9000, ISO 14001, TS 16949 standards, interviewing, conflict resolution, and an understanding of contract law, terms and conditions, and economic factors
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!