- Compensation: $100-110,000
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
- Hybrid Work Schedule: Tuesdays and Wednesdays in the office are required; Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays remote work option is
- Our client is a prestigious social services non-profit. This area supports their very active and successful fundraising activities and campaigns.
- The desired candidate wants to work for a nonprofit and has skills in accounting, technology, and client service. You get a chance to work with people, numbers, and technology all in one role!
Our client is a large non-profit located in Boston. This role supports fundraising and donor-support financial activities. The Manager, Revenue Accounting & Revenue Technology Services is responsible for all aspects of cash deposits, donor interaction, appropriate accounting the donations and for assessing current procedures and supporting technology. This position reports to the Senior Director, Finance and manages a staff of two.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Overall responsibility for the accurate, efficient and timely recording of gift intentions using technology, designations and payments (donations) to the various campaigns that are conducted by the organization.
- Reviews all Major Gifts cards and donations submitted for appropriateness.
- Prepare and produce periodic receivable reports, including those needed for the annual audit.
- Utilizing technology efficiently and effectively, including but not limited to use of lockbox services, file data uploads to donor management platforms, and attributions of gifts as needed and appropriate.
- Produce year-end tax receipts to donors for contributions and sponsorship donations
- Manage collections of campaigns, including write-offs and cancellations
- Provide monthly campaign progress to the national headquarters.
- Manage disbursement of designated gifts to various organizations, agencies and programs
- Oversee the matching gifts and tribute functions related to contributions
- Serve as the contact person for donor inquiries and concerns relating to their contributions and balances, including soliciting and receiving gifts over the phone.
- Assist in the year-end audit preparation, which includes but is not limited to updating Internal Control Memo – Gift Intention and Payment Cycle, preparing confirmation letters as requested by the auditors; pulling backup related to auditor’s selection
- Supervise and develop Revenue Accounting team members
- Defer to and/or collaborate with the Senior Director, Finance, VP of Finance, and the CFO on decisions that contain a high degree of donor and/or staff sensitivity
- Make recommendations to management regarding decisions that are not defined with policy statements and/or job description
- Make recommendations and actively seek opportunities to use technology and improve departmental efficiency and accuracy
- 5 plus years of financial management, customer service, and oversight experience in a fast-paced, multi-faceted fundraising financial office of an educational institution, a healthcare organization, and/or another non-profit.
- Experience in the development and execution of a cash collection strategy and the management and tracking of multiple simultaneous fundraising appeals.
- Experience with the underlying financial accounting and reporting of fundraising activity required in a non-profit environment.
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud CRM fundraising software preferred.
- Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively both internally and externally.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not share it with any employer without your permission.
If this isn't the right position for you, please share it with someone who might be interested. In the meantime, please look at our website – we have other openings that may suit your needs!