We have an immediate need for an experienced Project Engineer for a longstanding manufacturing business with a strong foundation and continual rapid growth. Global business with products in 100+ countries, 400+ employees, multiple sites, and top quality, household recognized products. We seek a skilled Project Engineer who likes a varied workday with a lot of responsibility; supporting the entire plant on both small and large projects (growth-focused -- process design, improvements, commissioning of new equipment, layout adjustments).
Key elements to this role:
- Sense of urgency to drive new projects across the business; assessing & adapting to capacity needs, R&D collaboration for materials, and oversight of projects leading to future expansion!
- Guide very complex projects through project lifecycle (scope, budget, forecasting, cash flow, variances, documented change orders)
- Ability to translate anticipated business growth & strategic plans into equipment, design, and production requirements
- Drive operational improvements through benchmarking, best practices, and innovative thought
- Drive trials, tests, and plans to ensure projects can meet production needs
- Lead supplier selection and requests for proposals; determining the best partnerships
- Quality planning, risk analysis, budget/resource allocation, layout study accuracy
- Drive a customer-solution based mindset across the business (quality, safety, production, maintenance)
- Strictly comply to PMO, FDA, and OSHA regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
- Minimum 4+ years in project engineering or project management -
- Must have CapEx exp (and will manage large projects $10M-$100M), experience with new equipment, installation, commissioning etc
- Must have strong PM processes, tools, and leadership of capital projects (process improvement and capital projects for expansion is a big plus). Automation system experience desired.
- Ideally have worked in a fast-paced, high-volume manufacturing environment. Strong industry matches could be medical device/consumables, food processing/manufacturing, pharmaceutical, engineered components (customized), etc.
- Regulated industry strongly preferred.
- Ability to lead large projects working with internal teams, clients, vendors, R&D
- Ability to present ideas to leadership and across the business; project status, risk, updates