The Team Lead Contracts Administrator of National Security & Space Contracts provides leadership and direction to direct reports and members of the contracts team. You will build and maintain internal and external customer satisfaction; focus on business results and emphasize a team approach to provide world class contracts support. Responsibilities include cradle to grave oversight of contract administration and utilizing metrics to monitor performance and risk across a diverse portfolio of US Government Contracts. The Senior Lead Contracts Administrator works closely with Programs, Finance, and Legal to maintain and improve a cross-functional contract management process.
- Proposal support and negotiation, post- award contract administration, scope management, interface with key subcontractors and contract closeout.
- Providing guidance and advice to The Organization's programmatic and technical staff regarding contract interpretation issues, contract scope issues, and other contract- related matters.
- Review and evaluate customer requests for proposal or revisions to contracts; provides risk assessments and offers alternative approaches to mitigate risks, including alternative contractual language; evaluates and coordinates proposals; investigates and reconciles significant contract changes involving cost, specifications, schedules, etc.
- Develops and applies solutions to complex problems which require the regular use a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers, including US Government contract officers and the DCMA administrative contracting officers.
- Guide & mentor direct reports in the proper application of Government contract management principles including FAR & DFAR interpretation, TINA Requirements, and cost principles. Develop and implement effective training plans and foster an environment of continuous learning.