This position serves as an integral member of the Contracts, Subcontracts, Procurement & Property (CSPP) department. CSPP strives to provide both its internal and external customers with solution-oriented leadership and guidance and is focused on achieving the strategic objectives of the organization while balancing risk and regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate has an interest in contributing to the success of the entire CSPP department in a fast-paced multifaceted environment.
Responsibilities will include interfacing with potential and current suppliers, writing and releasing RFP/RFQ, reviewing proposed terms & conditions and negotiating agreements. Applicant should have a keen interest in business/contract law, excellent communication skills, and the ability to develop recommendations to senior staff to support solutions to moderate to complex problems.
- Follows established procedures, practices, policies and Federal/State regulation to execute activities associated with purchasing goods, materials, supplies, and services to ensure terms are in the organization’s best interest.
- Collaborate with program teams and senior leadership to prepare and execute complex purchases, to include but not limited to, obtaining and reviewing proposals/quotations, providing sufficient and compliant justification, and risk management strategy.
- Independently facilitating complex competitive procurement processes for goods and services in support of sponsored and internal efforts.
- Lead negotiations involving Terms of Purchase, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) clauses and agreements of moderate complexity.
- Manages heavy a workload to procure a variety of commodities and services.
- Conducts market research and develops requests for quotations and proposals.
- Develops new supply sources where vendors are inadequate.
- Assist company program/functional offices in the preparation and successful execution of an RFP/RFQ in a timely manner.
- Examines bids including performing price and/or cost analysis and ensures conformity with the RFP/RFQ requirements, Federal/State regulation and addresses any deviations.
- Reviews terms and conditions, identify areas that deviate from company policy and document assessment of risk and potential mitigation strategies to be reviewed with CSPP management team.
- Prepares pre-negotiation recommendations on price and terms and conditions.
- Negotiates purchase including price/cost and coordinates negotiation of terms and conditions and makes awards.
- Develop strong documentation to satisfy departmental requirements and internal and external audits including writing clear, concise, and adequate procurement summaries, documenting source selection, negotiations and price/cost analysis.
- Prepares and maintains purchasing file for electronic attachment to PO in an ERP system.
- Ensure that vendors comply with schedule and financial requirements of purchase orders, notifies vendor if not acceptable.
- Interacts with other The Organization Departments (i.e., Technical, Legal, Accounting, Property, Contracts, Receiving, etc.), when necessary.
- Provides procurement counsel and advice to requisitioners.
- Responsible for the timely dissemination of pertinent information to interested and cognizant personnel.
- Makes recommendations to Supervisor for streamlining the procurement process within The organization.
- Participates in special assignments from Supervisor, including government audits.
- Arranges and coordinates vendor visits and in-house meetings.
- Research issues of moderate complexity and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Assist with special projects that require significant skill, knowledge, and business acumen.
- Special assignments and cross-training (Contracts, Subcontracts, Procurement, Property) is encouraged.