Our client is a world leader in climate and energy solutions and efficient air treatment. They are looking for a Development Engineer to join their Innovation Team. This person will be responsible in standardizing and modularizing products and taking technical responsibility. The Research Engineer must have a deep understanding of the design and fabrication of industrial Air Treatment products, as well as associated instrumentation and controls.
- In the internal product development process, develop new products or technologies.
- Lean manufacturing principles are incorporated into the product design.
- Make specifications, select the components you need, and then obsolece them.
- As needed, create bills of materials, sequences, CAD drawings, and product definitions
- Maintain master mechanical product BOMs, which will be linked with mechanical automation applications. They are stored in EPDM vault.
- Maintain master product CAD models, develop and maintain them and link them with mechanical automation applications. They are stored in EPDM vault
- Maintain product documentation, including QA, work instructions and acceptance criteria.
- Support the development of an automated production release process.
- Explore new technologies, materials and components to create new products or improve existing ones.
- Participate in professional organizations, review publications and attend workshops to keep up with your technical and professional knowledge.
- Keep abreast of the latest government standards for safety, performance, and quality
- Contact person for technical questions: Sales, engineers, quality control and field service.
- Assist with sourcing and operations for upgrades, COP initiatives, and changes in component suppliers
- To ensure product releases are consistent and well documented, follow the ISO procedure
Who Will Be a Great Fit?